Apple Eyecare's Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
(makes 4 dozen)
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp orange flavoring (or 1 tsp vanilla flavoring)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 cup cranberries, dried and sweetened
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and flavoring. Beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Stir in oatmeal and cranberries. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet then remove to wire rack.
Note: These freeze well. We get them frozen in serving size balls and bake as needed throughout the day. You will need to adjust baking time slightly, however.